Categories
Health

Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes Confirm They're Social Distancing Together During the Coronavirus Pandemic


In case you were wondering how Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes were spending time during the coronavirus outbreak, they’re social distancing together.

On Friday, March 20, The couple took to Instagram Live to perform for fans, joining the ranks of John Legend, Chris Martin, and Mandy Moore—all of whom have put on virtual shows to entertain the masses during this tough time. Cabello and Mendes sang some tunes for fans as part of Global Citizen’s “Together At Home” concert series, kicking off their set with a rendition of Ed Sheeran’s “Kiss Me”.

They also took questions from commenters and made some suggestions about how people should be spending time while we’re all stuck at home. “I think everybody should start Harry Potter from top to end,” Mendes said. “That’s the way to go.”

“We started watching it yesterday. I knew everything about it, of course,” Cabello joked before admitting, “I didn’t really know much. He knows a lot about it.” This led to a conversation about which Hogwarts house they think the other would be assigned to. Mendes told his girlfriend he believed she would absolutely be Gryffindor. “Really? That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me,” she replied and revealed she thinks he would be assigned to the same house by the sorting hat.

The couple performed for about 24 minutes and did a number of their hits like “Havana”, “Lost in Japan”, and, of course, “Senorita.”

Cabello and Mendes have been friends for years, but only got romantically involved last year. “It’s so funny because when we first started going out it’s so weird… [dating] somebody who was your friend for a really long time,” Cabello told Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show back in December. “The people around you already know them because you’ve known them for a long time, so it’s just like, ‘Now we kiss and hold hands.'”



Source link

Categories
Health

Why Eva Mendes Doesn't Share New Photos of Herself and Ryan Gosling on Instagram


Eva Mendes just won best celebrity/fan interaction of the week on Instagram.

After posting a photo of herself on March 3 wearing a pretty floral dress and trench coat (from a campaign she did for her collection at New York & Company), the actor stuck around to respond to fans in the comments section. Usually, that’s a terrible idea, but in this case, Mendes had some pretty awesome conversations with her followers.

There was a lengthy response to one fan’s comment that I’d like to delve into, specifically. “You look amazing, Eva,” user @mandica17 began with a heart-eye emoji. “Just wanted to say how much it means to us fans to be able to talk to you and how great [it] is that unlike many other celebrities you acknowledge us. So thank you! P.s. wouldn’t mind an [appearence] by Ryan on this page.”

Eva Mendes met her partner, Ryan Gosling, on the set of their movie The Place Beyond the Pines in 2011, and they’ve been together ever since. They have two children together: Their first daughter, Esmeralda, was born in 2014, and two years later, they had another daughter, Amada. They rarely discuss each other or their kids with the media, but they’ve given us a bit of info here and there…as a treat.

A rare photo of the couple out on the town in 2017.

Robert Kamau

In her response to @mandica17, Mendes opened up about her “struggle with social media” and explains why she won’t post pictures of Gosling or her children.

“I struggle with social media but I love the constant connection with women,” she wrote in her reply. “I try to post responsibly and try to make sure I don’t portray myself in a way that makes other women feel bad.”

Mendes emphasized that the campaign photo is not a completely accurate portrayal of how she looks. “Instagram can be hurtful in that way. Like with this picture, this is actually a campaign shot and it was retouched. So I want women to know that,” she said. “I want women to know it takes a lot for me to look this way and that I struggle with food among many other things.”

After calling on her fans to call her out for “any bullshit,” she got to the stuff about her partner. “As far as Ryan, I’ll only post flashbacks of things that are already ‘out there’ (like pics from movies we did or stuff like that),” she explained. “My man and kids are private. That’s important to me so thanks for getting that. Have a beautiful day. Sending so much love!” She finished her response with a heart emoji.

Eve Mendes on Instagram
Instagram/Eva Mendes

If only every comments section could looked like this!





Source link

Categories
Health

Eva Mendes Spectacularly Shuts Down Age-Shaming Troll on Instagram


Eva Mendes just proved that she won’t stand for age-shaming in an epic response to a troll who commented “she’s getting old” on her most recent Instagram post.

The post in question features Mendes showing off newly short hair, which now falls just above her shoulders in a sleek long bob. As per usual, the 45-year-old actress and mom of two looks stunning as all get out in the clip, but unfortunately, that didn’t stop an Instagram troll from attempting to tear her down with a rude comment about aging. Mendes didn’t let the bully’s comment break her, though—instead, she used it as an opportunity to spread age positivity and uplift others. “Yes your right. Thank God I’m getting old. That means I’m still here,” she responded. “I’m gonna be 46 soon and grateful every day that I’m aging. Was your comment suppose to make me feel bad? It didn’t. It makes me feel grateful. So thank you for the reminder that I’m still here, ❤️❤️❤️” she added.

It didn’t take long before myriad fans chimed to support Mendes with messages like, “I think you make aging look beautiful!! At 46, I have no problem owning it!! ? I have 7 kids, so I’m earning this wisdom! ?” and “You’re so beautiful, in and out. Thanks for always inspiring us ??.” Additionally, she received countless compliments on her new haircut, which is the shortest she’s worn it in quite some time.

Props to Mendes for keeping it real and reminding others what a gift getting older really is.



Source link

Categories
Health

Camila Cabello Says She and Shawn Mendes 'Drifted' Apart Before 'Señorita'


Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes have been the epitome of summer romance ever since July, when rumors swirled that they were more than just friends and collaborators on the duet “Señorita.”

It’s easy to understand how that transition happened if you watch the single’s steamy music video, in which they can’t seem to keep their hands off each other. And in a recent red carpet interview with E! News at the Elle Women in Music event during New York Fashion Week, Cabello revealed that their smash hit is in fact what brought them romantically together.

“We went back and forth for eight months deciding whether or not we were going to do the song together,” Cabello said. At the time, she says she and Mendes had “drifted” apart and weren’t spending much time together.

“I love him with all my heart and always have,” she continued. “We’ve known each other for a really long time… We’ve always been there for each other. I think we drifted because we weren’t hanging out as much. It was fun to be able to reconnect and hang out again.”

Plus, being in love isn’t exactly the worst thing for Cabello’s creative process. It’s helped the former Fifth Harmony singer get more in touch with her emotions especially when it comes to music. “Falling in love, for me, just brings out all of my vulnerabilities,” she said. “All these things show up for me and it just makes you open. When I am in love I listen to songs and I just cry. I cry easier. That must mean that I’m more open and more in touch with my emotions. All the spectrum of emotions… joy, fear, all of it.”

It’s safe to say the couple is better than ever. Just last night, Cabello surprised the audience at Mendes’ concert in his hometown of Toronto, Canada to perform”Señorita.”



Source link

Categories
Health

Here's Why Camila Cabello Wants to Protect Her Relationship With Shawn Mendes


Camila Cabello is one of ELLE‘s cover stars this month for its Women in Music issue, and in her interview she discussed all those rumors about her and Shawn Mendes. “Love is the most sacred, precious thing to me,” she said. ” I want to always feel like my love is between me and that person, and never belonging to anyone else. As much as I love my fans, and as much as I love people, I like to live my life as normally as possible. In a relationship, it makes me feel uncomfortable to invite everyone in on that.”

When asked specifically about Mendes, Cabello said, “I don’t know; people can say whatever they want to say. They can speculate, but at the same time, we are going to live our own lives, enjoy it, and fall for each other like nobody is watching. That is how I want to live. I never want to open the door for people to feel like they are involved. Like I said, I want it to be mine and [his]. That’s why I’m so tight-lipped about it: because I want to protect it.”

[embedded content]

If you haven’t been keeping track of this situation, the internet is convinced Cabello and Mendes are a couple. Their steamy collaboration, “Señorita,” first sparked the discussion, followed by a string of PDA moments. Toss in a super-hot VMAs performance (watch above), and you have a full-blown pop-culture phenomenon.

Mendes actually confirmed he’s in a relationship earlier this week, though he didn’t explicitly say who with. It seems like anyone who wants a closer look at what’s going on will have to wait for Camila Cabello’s upcoming album: “I feel an undeniable truth that the album has captured the essence of me at this point in my life,” she also told Elle. We can’t wait to listen.



Source link

Categories
Health

PSA: Shawn Mendes Just Confirmed He's in a Relationship


For the past six months, we’ve been watching Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello get flirty on Instagram, kiss in public, and basically steam up the stage anytime they perform “Senorita” together. There have been many whispers of coupledom but nary a confirmation from the two, despite mounting evidence. That is until this weekend, when Mendes, during a concert in Connecticut last week, decided to confirm whether or not there was a capital-T Thing going on in his life.

During his tour, a fan asked Mendes about a fateful sentence the singer had once said. About two years ago, Mendes had declared he’d never been in love. In an interview with Clash published in September 2017, the singer had said that he thought his music might change when he finally fell in love: “The day I can actually write a song about my girlfriend who I am truly in love with—because I’ve never actually truly been in love, I don’t know what type of music’s going to come out of me when I am. That might be a whole new wave of music that I never thought I could write,” he told the magazine.

Now, with all the rumors about Mendes and Cabello swirling, the fan apparently wanted to know where things might stand—but posed the question in a pretty tactful way. “You’ve said you’ve never been in love. Has that changed recently?” the fan asked Mendes, according to ET Canada.

“Honestly, I wanna say I wanna talk to you guys about this stuff, but it’s not just me in the relationship,” Mendes answered, equally tactfully. “There’s another person involved, and I can’t say things that I feel. It’s not just me deciding, you know?”

Of course, Mendes doesn’t name any names here, so we still have to take it with a grain of salt. But he’s in a relationship, which is something that was not confirmed until now. Until we hear more, we’ll just leave the brand-new video of Camila Cabello ruminating on the nature of love here.



Source link