Categories
Health

Lindsay Lohan Wants to Do a Mean Girls Sequel and That's Honestly So Fetch


You’re not alone, Mean Girls fans (or should we say Plastics?) Lindsay Lohan has also been waiting patiently for Mean Girls 2.

Earlier this week, fresh off her hosting duties for Australia’s The Masked Singer, Lohan sat down for an interview on David Spade’s talk show, Lights Out with David Spade. It was there that she brought fans everywhere a little bit of joy by telling Spade she’s absolutely down to star in a Mean Girls sequel.

“I think I was hanging onto [Mean Girls] for a really long idea,” Lohan told Spade on April 14. “I wanted to come back with a Mean Girls 2 with the same cast, work with Tina [Fey], and the whole crew again, and [director] Mark Waters. That was really what I wanted; I was excited to do that. But that’s all in their hands, really.”

[embedded content]

We’re sure we don’t have to explain this to you, but we’ll take any opportunity to rave about Mean Girls: Since its debut in 2004, Mean Girls has become an early-aughts classic. Not only did it gross $129 million at the box office, but it also spawned a hit Broadway musical. There’s practically an entire Ariana Grande music video devoted to the movie and October 3rd has become, like, an actual holiday at this point.

However, while Lohan’s enthusiasm is exciting for fans, it’s important to note that this isn’t the first time a sequel has come up only to be dismissed by the film’s creators. No response has been made yet, but back in 2018, Tina Fey, who wrote the movie, told Entertainment Tonight that a sequel with the same cast is unlikely as it would cost far too much now that the characters are all major stars. “Quotes are all too high now,” she joked.

There is one other glimmer of hope, though. Fey has announced her plans to adapt the Broadway musical version of Mean Girls to the big screen. It will not act as a sequel, but rather a music-filled retelling. Honestly, we’ll take what we can get.

Still, isn’t quarantine the perfect time for Fey and Lohan to come together over Zoom and start coming up with a plan for that sequel? Maybe they can even get Rachel McAdams and Amanda Seyfried on the call. Just a suggestion.



Source link

Categories
Health

Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan Might Be Doing a Reboot of ‘The Simple Life’


In 2003, Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie blessed us with The Simple Life, a gloriously bonkers reality show in which the two socialites “roughed it” in blue-collar America. They traded in their designer clothes and penthouse apartments for bunkbeds and evening shifts at fast food restaurants. Was it problematic? Sure, but undeniably funny at times—and a formative piece of 2000s pop culture.

So it’s no surprise fans are begging for it to come back. (We are in the era of reboots, after all.) But Hilton has said time and time again that nothing is on the books. “They actually approached me to redo it again, but my schedule was so insane that I didn’t have time to do it, so I said no, but it would be pretty epic,” she told the Gay Times last fall.

Maybe her schedule is a bit more flexible now, though. There’s a theory floating around the internet that a Simple Life reboot is happening, and it will star Paris Hilton and—wait for it—Lindsay Lohan.

The only evidence comes from The Simple Life‘s “official” Twitter account (which isn’t verified). On Tuesday, June 25, whoever runs the page tweeted out a classic image of Hilton and Richie and wrote, “#SimpleLife6” alongside an eye emoji.

They then followed this up with two female emojis: one blond and one redhead. It didn’t take long for people to put two and two together. When one fan inquired if this meant the reboot would star Hilton and Lohan, the account responded with a “shhh” emoji. Interesting….

Then the account basically confirmed the suspicions by posting a photo of Lohan and Hilton from 2005 and captioning it, “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.”

Enemies isn’t exactly the word I’d use to describe Hilton and Lohan—I’d venture to say they’re “frenemies.” The two were close at one point during the early aughts, but their relationship has since fizzled. Hilton’s made several shady comments about Lohan but confirmed they don’t get along this year on Watch What Happens Live. When host Andy Cohen asked Hilton to say three nice things about the Mean Girls star, she responded with “beyond, lame, and embarrassing.”





Source link

Categories
Health

Lindsay Lohan Says Women Sharing Their #MeToo Experiences 'Look Weak'


Lindsay Lohan has been making media rounds this summer to promote her resort Lohan Beach House in Mykonos, but a new interview is getting attention not for her foray into the hospitality world, but for what she said about women in the #MeToo era.

Speaking to British newspaper The Times, Lohan chose to call out women who come forward with accusations of sexual misconduct and harassment, saying they are “attention-seekers” and “weak.”

“If it happens at that moment, you discuss it at that moment,” she says. “You make it a real thing by making it a police report. I’m going to really hate myself for saying this, but I think by women speaking against all these things, it makes them look weak when they are very strong women. You have these girls who come out, who don’t even know who they are, who do it for the attention. That is taking away from the fact that it happened.”

She didn’t stop there. Lohan says that she has never had any negative experiences of the Me Too variety during her film career, which began when she was just a kid. “So, I don’t really have anything to say. I can’t speak on something I didn’t live, right? Look, I am very supportive of women,” she told The Times. “Everyone goes through their own experiences in their own ways.”

Well, that’s a take, for sure. And she concludes the interview by referencing the very public fight she had with her ex-fiancé Egor Tarabasov. “I had a fight with my ex on this very beach. What did I do? Nothing,” Lohan replies. “I just took over the beach. The best revenge is success, right?” In 2016, Lohan accused Tarabasov of domestic violence while they were dating. It’s unclear if she was touting the incident as an example of how women should handle violence or misconduct, but eyebrows are raised.

This isn’t the first time the actress has found herself in hot water during the #MeToo era. In now-deleted posts on Instagram, Lohan initially defended Harvey Weinstein as allegations about the producer surfaced in the New York Times and the New Yorker last October.

“I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now,” she says in them. “I don’t think it’s right what’s going on. I think Georgina needs to take a stand and be there for her husband. He’s never wronged me or done anything to me, and we’ve done several movies together. I think everyone needs to stop. It’s wrong, so stand up.”

She then attempted to clarify the comments, telling the Daily Mail. “I am saddened to hear about the allegations against my former colleague Harvey Weinstein,” she said. “As someone who has lived their life in the public eye, I feel that allegations should always be made to the authorities and not played out in the media.”

No word yet if she has clarifications on her latest remarks.





Source link