It can be hard to distinguish between the work week and the weekend in quarantine, but a luxurious brunch could make all the difference. Enter: Disney’s coveted French toast recipe. Thanks to a recent update to the Disney Parks Blog, the Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast previously available only at Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney Paradise Pier Hotel is now available to the rest of us.
Since the coronavirus pandemic shuttered Disney Parks, its properties have been sharing the secrets to some of their most beloved dishes. And this recipe is even easier than you might think. Here’s how to make it at home.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 8 thick slices day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional, but we think you deserve it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender (or just mix well with a whisk!). Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
This delicious baked French toast is the latest in a stream of recipes that Disney has made public, giving people at home a taste of the fun even as Disneyland, Disney World, and most of the brand’s other theme parks remain closed.