Disney parks are closed for the foreseeable future, but its kitchens are still spreading magic—this time with its hallmark recipe for extra-special grilled cheese, usually served at Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
And this one couldn’t come at a better time, because what sounds better than curling up on the couch with an ooey-gooey grilled cheese (tomato soup on the side) to watch a Disney classic from your youth? And if you’re thinking, “Duh, I know how to make a grilled cheese” the crew at Disney has some special hacks for you to make it even cheesier.
Here’s the recipe, which serves four people and includes the special spreads that make this sandwich unlike your average grilled cheese.
Cream Cheese Spread
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
For Cream Cheese Spread:
Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
And just like that, you have a perfect meal.