TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle+

Alberta confirms 2 new presumptive cases of COVID-19


Officials will provide an update on two new presumptive cases of COVID-19 in Alberta this morning.

Alberta’s chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw is expected to speak at an 11 a.m. press conference. 

The new pair of presumptive cases brings the total number in Alberta to four. 

On Thursday, health officials announced that a woman in her 50s who lives in the Calgary health zone had contracted coronavirus. She is currently in isolation at home, Hinshaw said.

The Calgary patient had been on board the Grand Princess cruise ship before it was quarantined off the coast of California. She returned to Alberta on Feb. 21.

On Friday, Hinshaw announced a man in his 40s who lives in the Edmonton zone tested positive for COVID-19. The man had visited Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio before returning to Alberta on Feb. 28. 

Health officials learned of the Edmonton case on Friday afternoon, Hinshaw said, and are currently identifying close contacts of the man and asking them to self-isolate at home.

More to come.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.