All three people found dead in a parked car in northern Alberta were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, the families have confirmed.
Sonya Peterson told CBC News Thursday that a medical examiner said her daughter, 22-year-old Tanisha Peterson, died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
“My head is so clouded right now,” Peterson said. “We loved her so much.”
Tristan Dave-Lawrence, 21, and Cade Lavallee, 29, were also found in the car parked on the Lagoon Access Road just outside the hamlet of Conklin, Alta., on Tuesday.
All three young adults were pronounced dead on scene after RCMP tried to provide first aid.
Alberta RCMP are waiting for autopsy results and a vehicle inspection before confirming the causes of death.